“The Joy of the Lord is my strength.” (Nehemiah 8:10)
As part of our mission to promote the art of storytelling in our community, we will be hosting language development support for youth (Gr 1-12), which will include the following:
- Reading and Writing Tutoring/Mentoring Services.
- Storytelling Workshops.
- Educational resources for parents/caregivers of a child experiencing mental health/behavioural challenges.
We need support in the following areas:
- Children’s Books: For kids between the ages of 5 – 12.
- Snack Items: Contact us to inquire about what we can accept.
- Equipment/Supplies: Projector, notebooks, activity materials…
- Childcare Educators willing to volunteer their time and resources.
- Monetary donations: To go towards the renting of the space, refreshments, transportation, staff support, marketing…)
We have a strong desire to be used as a vessel to “speak a word to one who is weary” (Isaiah 50:4). We aim to do this by writing to reach out to those with various needs, whether that is to learn how to live again after a period of abuse, or whether it is needing to recover from a life of addictions or mental illness. We also strive to help equip the church to better respond to those who fit any of the above categories. This means that any media we produce (articles, videos, resources) will largely cater to this overall theme.
But the reality is, these things take money. In addition to the website maintenance fees, media equipment and editorial assistance, we have also been receiving requests from people in need of financial help.
With your contribution, we can work to make sure our vision is realized. This can happen not only with the words we share on this online platform but can also take place in our own communities, one step at a time.
When you send us a donation ranging from $15-25, you’ll receive a special thank you letter from us along with one of our custom-made notebooks. We will also give you frequent updates which will inform you on how your donation is being used.
Thanks in advance for your dedication to this ministry and to the advancement of the Kingdom message in our world today.
With a joyful heart,
Founder/Lead Storyteller, Speak The Words Communications