There are all forms of abuse in our world today, which millions of people are subjected to every day. While it’s an unfortunate reality, the truth is: You can have a beautiful, abundant life no matter what has happened in your past.
Here are seven things to remember for life after abuse:
- God is not to blame. God is love, and love is the reigning principle in His kingdom. Abuse and any other form of hate wars against it. To discover His love is what He ultimately wants for you. (1 John 4:7-8).
- You can love again. You may have been hurt before, and find it hard to love again. We believe you can.
- You are not worthless.No matter what lies your abuser told you, you are a prized ornament. You are worth more than you can imagine (Psalm 139:11, Luke 12:6,7).
- You have to forgive yourself. Free yourself from all of the shame, bitterness and resentment you feel. God already has.
- You no longer need to fear. Because His perfect love wins in the end. (1 John 4:18)
- You are not alone. Jesus will never leave you. Never! (Hebrews 13:5)
Video Creation: Starla Hill Jimenez
Never miss a story.
Sign up and get monthly updates of our latest features.When you do, you'll receive our FREE e-book with a story-gathering checklist.